UNISA – University of South Africa. It is one of the biggest universities in the world, and it gives the opportunity of a brighter future to hundreds of thousands of students. Not only in South Africa, but across the globe. Without this institution 400,000 students that are studying today definitely would not have had the opportunity to study towards a degree. They pick up a lot of flack, some of it justified, but if we did not have UNISA many of us would not be able to study at all. And the reason why they seem to have so many problems? Because they are helping SO MANY students! So statistically they are bound to have more things go wrong. UNISA has our backing, and we will do everything in our power to assist students – they are bravest, hardest working students in the country.
Some Awesome facts about UNISA:
- UNISA is considered a “mega-university”, and with over 400,000 students enrolled it is one of the biggest in the world
- It is considered the 2nd best university in Africa after UCT (The African Economist, 2013)
- UNISA is over 140 years old. It started out as the University of the Cape of Good Hope in 1837.
- UNISA was a forerunner of long distance education when they began to teach exclusively through distance learning in 1946. This was revolutionary.
- UNISA has provided education without discrimination – you could always study through them regardless of your colour, nationality, race or creed.
UNISA is the biggest distance-learning institution in Africa, and the oldest open-distance education university in the world. A third of South Africa’s university students use UNISA and it is also one of the largest universities on the planet. Imagine how many lives UNISA changes when you think that they service 400,000 students!
Similar to UNISA, Skills Academy is a distance learning institution, making education accessible to people all over South Africa. The academy was founded in early 2016 by Tabitha Bailey and Jan Badenhorst. Although it’s a bit young when compared to other institutions and colleges, Skills Academy exceeds all expectations.
Built on values such as loyalty, integrity and generosity they have always aimed to give their students the best. Students of Skills Academy are always smiling, this starts with the registration process up until graduation day. The reputation of this institution is unmatched.
At Skills Academy they understand that life gets in the way or that you might have a few obstacles on your journey. However instead of turning you away, they offer solutions that will help you achieve your dreams.
What you can Look Forward to at Skills Academy
Every college has that one thing that sets them apart. You will notice that Skills Academy has more than just one special factor. Here are a few reasons why thousands around South Africa have joined the Skills Academy family.
Here are a few way that Skills Academy keeps their students happy:
- Pay as you study
- Start right – Finish Fast
- Tutors and Study Materials
- No credit checks
- 30 day money back
Last Updated: April 07, 2020